6.21.2010

Clouds Among the Lily Pads

Although Mason Neck State Park is close to home, I don't go there as often as I should. Let this be my reminder to do better.

Along the Bayview Trail next to Belmont Bay, one comes upon a beautiful wetlands, on the left, as the Potomac River feeds it from the right. Arrive at the wrong time and the view is obliterated by the changing tide!

This work comes from a picture taken from the boardwalk.It qualifies as my own "Landscape as Still Life" Award with the extra detail and careful positioning of the elements.



Clouds Among the Lily Pads
pastel with watercolor underpainting on Pastelbord
12x16

Photography Prints

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Bonnie,

I've been looking around your site and really enjoy your art, particularly the pastels. I love working with them myself, so it's great to see your colours and ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie said...

Thanks very much, Alison. I appreciate you coming by. Us pastelists definitely stick together! Is your work posted online?

Alison said...

No, I'm a bit shy! That's why it's great to see your work because I think...Well? Maybe I could do that too!?

I think I would like to post some of your stuff onto my blog anyway, if that's ok.

Bonnie said...

Hi Alison,
It's great to think of being able to inspire you. I love being an ambassador for pastels.

Would it be possible for you contact me directly? My email address is in the sidebar; I couldn't find your email address on your blog.

Thanks,
Bonnie