5.01.2011

Skyline Atmospherics


Skyline Atmospherics was created based on a picture I took from Skyline Drive. It's a very close recreation, which began as a watercolor underpainting.



Put together as a demo for the Springfield Art Guild, I am happy to have volunteered for the project. Today is another demo day for SAG, so come by the Springfield Mall's Community Room (between JC Penney and the elevator) between 2-4 to see demos and the current show, a Member's Choice Award Exhibit. As you can tell below, when given a whole table and not balancing it all outdoors, it makes me very happy to spread out.

 Photo by Jon Strother

Next weekend, I'll be doing a demo in water soluble oils at the Workhouse in Lorton from about 6-8pm May 14; there will be a framed wet canvas sale when I am finished. My goal will be to recreate a larger version of Evening Flame, a 5x7 which sold there last year.

Skyline Atmospherics
pastel
12x16
SOLD

Photography Prints

1 comment:

ariel freeman said...

Nice Bonnie, I love how the warm underpainting compliments the blues.