11.24.2008

Quick Portrait

We often have homework in Ginger White Hertgenroeder's nude pastels class, which ends today. This past week, we needed to do a complete figure and make it fit on the page. I know, it sounds easier than it is.

In about 30 minutes last evening, I captured my son as I also ignored his protests. The top half of him was more successful than than the bottom, although I did get him all on the page and fulfill the homework assignment. One thing I need to work on is consistency throughout the whole painting. I've found Ginger's style beautiful, but difficult to master. Hopefully my son will cooperate more in the future so I can practice.

At least he's happy and thinks it looks like him. It's nice to make the subject happy.

This is approximately 15x20 on Biggie paper using Van Gogh hard pastels.


Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. I should have some new en plein air sketches and paintings to share soon as I give thanks for there being landscapes that do not complain about being painted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that turned out well!
(Can you tell I'm no art critic but I knows what I likes!)
Val