5.07.2010

GLPS National Show

Exposure to the premier pastelist in the country (world?) is invaluable for many reasons.

Last fall when I was in Richard McKinley's workshop through Maryland Pastel Society, I showed him some photographs of my work, per his instruction. Known far and wide as a very positive and gracious person and instructor, Richard is obviously very passionate about pastels. When he literally, just between you and me, squealed over one particular painting, I knew I had something special. Before long, I learned he was slotted as the juror in Michigan, Land of my Mother, for the Great Lakes Pastel Society National Show; I felt it was a good 'worlds colliding' moment.

Hence, Barrett House Meadow is on display in Midland, MI from May 8 through August 1, 2010, with the opening on June 11. If you're in the area, please stop by and let me know how you enjoyed the show. The location is Alden B Dow Museum of Science and Art of the Midland Center for the Arts on 1801 W. Saint Andrews in Midland, Michigan.

If you see some Yoopers, they're probably my relations.



No comments: