5.19.2010

Meadow, Left and Meadow, Right

I usually paint en plein air or from photographs. That's not to say I lack imagination. Instead, it means I haven't run out of material I can actually see yet.

Meadow, Left and Meadow, Right are a diptych from my imagination. I enjoyed having a whole as well as each piece with good composition. Even though my Featured Artist show at the Workhouse next month is bearing down on me, I took the time for some small pieces, as I may be back at DLA/Ft. Belvoir next month and those lovely folks bought a number of small works which I must replenish!

This duo has a watercolor underpainting, especially evident in the sky, on UArt 400 grade. Overall size is 4x12.



Meadow, Left and Meadow, Right
soft pastel
4x6 each on UArt 400

2 comments:

ariel freeman said...

Beautiful. I love the yellows and magenta

Bonnie said...

Thanks, Ariel. Great to see you.